Churches have to win a reputation for service, caring, and outreach. Here are few activities that some churches are using to tend the soil:
- Serve mothers of preschool children by offering free babysitting one or two days per week
- Purchase and record radio advertisements
- Host Christian concerts in public places near your church
- Advertise and sponsor couples enrichment seminars at your church (make it free if possible)
- Gain and maintain contact with funeral directors to offer assistance for those in need.
- Outreach to depressed, addicted, and abused
- Hold alternative Halloween celebration
- Purchase movie theater ads
- Start a bus ministry or carpooling for Sunday School students whose parents do not attend church
- Host and promote a personal evangelism seminar
- Canvass door to door around in the immediate neighborhood around your church to offer service and solicit feedback
- Pass out a half pallet of Coca Colas in hot weather [Time: 1 or 2 hours]
- Pass out cold water in hot weather [Time: 1 or 2 hours]
- Pass out hot cocoa in cold weather [Time: 1 or 2 hours]
- Clean windshields; leave a very small flyer with church info
- Pass out local newspapers during morning commute
- Offer free tutoring for elementary, middle, and high school students
- Offer free tutoring for SAT, ACT, GED tests.
- Finance a Christian concert
- Finance Christian theme movies at the local theater
- Wrap Christmas gifts for free at the local mall
- Penetrate secular Easter celebrations through contributing Bible theme prizes
- Saturate postal code at strategic times of the year
- Gain and use elementary, middle school, and high school mailing lists at strategic times of years
- Offer tuition free vacation bible schools and after school ministries.
- Offer scholarships to summer camps.
Editorial: Jesus did not charge for preaching or healing; we kindly suggest you do likewise.
Read the full article on Evangelism Ideas